- Client’s Background and Challenges
- Project Overview and Objectives:
- Our Process
- Benefit to Our Client
Take one of our clients in the bakery, who have 3 months before a food safety audit, seeking help to meet food safety audit requirements. In addition, they also needed to prepare a Preventative Control Plan and Customer Protection Plan to meet and apply for Safe Food for Canadian license.
Some of their challenges include:
- Neglected Supplier Approval Program and other pre-requisite programs (i.e. documented procedures not being implemented or documented)
- Absence of food safety team
- Key personnel turnover in multiple departments
- The missing link between developed HACCP program that relies on poorly implemented pre-requisites programs
- Re-establish food safety programs to meet customer audit and regulatory requirements, focusing on HACCP development, allergen and traceability program.
- Educating and training key personnel to implement developed food safety programs.
- Systematic reviews of food safety programs/procedures
- Develop food safety team
- Establish a working HACCP program
- Re-establish food safety programs to support the HACCP program
- Employee training and support
- Food Safety Team Development -putting food safety programs into a team approach
- Establishment of Allergen and Traceability program from ingredient receiving throughout the processing to the product shipment to direct customer.
- Establishment of food safety programs based on the client’s and best industry’s practices
In the process,
- We set procedures for best food safety practices for the employees and the management team, removing the bad practices that may lead to product withdrawal and recall
- Define records flow that will assist food safety investigation and tracking for withdrawal/recall
- Set the base of food safety culture to promote employee engagement in day-to-day food safety management.
The client successfully pass the food safety audit within 3 months and received their SFC license.
Customer and regulatory requirements are met.