The fundamental of the SQF program is that you meet the SQF code by DOING what you say you would do & DOCUMENT what you did. Two words: DO and DOCUMENT.
- Globally Recognized Food Safety Certification:
Being a GFSI recognized certification scheme, that means SQF is globally recognized whether you are selling your food to North America, Asia, Africa or Europe. SQF system is also on-par with BRC, AIB, FSSC 22000 etc.
- Widely recognized in North America
- Simple, Flexible and Easy to Customized:
SQF code only indicates the requirements but does not dictate how the requirement need to be met. It is result-oriented and can be customized to each food facility’s processes.
- Built-In Process to meet Local Regulatory and Customer Requirements
SQF program takes into account local regulatory and customer requirements and is shown to comply with meeting most of FSMA requirements
- SQF Code and Guidance Documents
One of the perks of SQF programs are the code and guidance documents are available for free online.
- Download the latest SQF code here.
- Understand the SQF code.
- Assign an SQF Practitioner.
- Develop programs to meet the SQF code requirements.
- Implement the programs.
- Find a certification body that provides SQF certification services.
- Go through a desk audit (focus on documentation review)
- Go through an initial SQF Certification
Once certified, remember to keep up with the record-keeping and system reanalysis to ensure the food safety program continuously meet SQF requirements.
There is no requirement for a food facility to hire an SQF consultant to pass a food safety audit. However, many food facilities have challenges with keeping up with the SQF certification and recertification requirements.
A Registered SQF consultant, in this instance, will be able to help provide guidance and assistance to meet the program requirements.
A registered SQF Consultant can help
- Food facilities to find the best way to build, implement and manage your food safety management system
- Provide confidential information on food safety threats
- Keep you updated with updates in the local regulatory and SQF requirements
An SQF Consultant can only help with providing suggestions and considerations for the advice. We do not make decisions on your behalf. You will still retain your decision power.
SFPM Consulting is a full-service consulting firm that helps our clients to be ready to reap the return on investment for their food safety programs. We focus on building SUSTAINABLE and PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS for our clients. To help achieve this goal, here are a few services that we incorporate:
- Help to train your staff to meet SQF requirements
- Help with internal audit
- Incorporate process improvements into the food safety programs
All of our consultant at SFPM Consulting is empowered to teach and guide on-site staff to manage food safety programs. You pay us the up-front cost to teach and coach your team so we can charge you less.
Handling customer complaints and food safety issues can be extremely stressful. We support our client with guidance and suggestions, so you know what to expect.
The most challenging journey wasn’t passing the initial certification. It is keeping and passing the recertification when all your customer eye’s on getting your upcoming certificate. Working long hours just before the audit to get it right? Chances are you are not able to make the cut because we cannot recreate missing records.
Food safety professionals wear many hats in a food facility and may be overwhelmed with their tasks. Don’t let your staff experience burnt-out and consider leaving their roles. Our consultant can help with tedious tasks such as internal audit and supplier approval programs, so your team focus on your operational needs.